- 4/21/12 Del Lewis Car Show Yuba City
- 4/23/12 Radiator overflow tube was removed and cap mount was removed and turned around for the opposite direction so the hose would be shorter to attach to the new overflow tank.
- 4/23/12 Installed new 12" electric 1000 CFM cooling fan in front of the radiator for better cooling and temperature control while cruising. The fan is 7 amps as the generator puts out almost nothing at idle. Switch installed under the dash board.
- 4/26/12 Radio face plate back from the chrome shop. Pot metal is so hard to chrome with the pitting and makeup of the metal.
- 4/28/12 Downtown Grass Valley Car Show
- 5/6/12 Newcastle Car Show
- 5/1/12 Repaired issue with bad spark plug wire.
- 5/12/12 Niles Spring Car Show in Fremont - won "Best Convertible"
- 5/19/12 Maxwell Car Show
- 5/23/12 Oil change and filter.I added Risolene to help with sticky lifters
- 5/31/12 Replaced the front Trunion on the driveline, trying to cure vibration at 35mph - much better
- 6/1/12 Replaced distributor cap and rotor
- 6/8/12 Replaced dip stick from Big M in Williams
- 6/2/12 Rods & Relics of Lincoln Car Show
- 6/3/12 MoPar Alley Ohlone College Annual Car Show Fremont (Second Place)
June 3rd MoPar Alley Second Place
- 7/3/12 Overhaul Differential: Rear Axel differential Type: Semi Floating - Drive Gear Type: Hypoid - Ratio 3.54 with 8 3/4' ring gear. All bearings and seals replaced by Shawn at:
- River City Differential
11366 Amalgam Way #5
Rancho Cordova CA
- Shawn said the rear end had never been touched and in fact had the original leather seals on the axles. It was very clean inside and in his opinion the 80,000 miles on the speedometer was all the miles on this car.
- 7/30/12 Balanced driveshaft
- 8/3/12 Replaced spark plug wires with Petronix wires.
- 8/4/12 Service vehicle, clean, wax and polish for Hot August Nights.
Wednesday August 8th was MoPar Judging
The judges came back twice to look at my car, then I found a flyer in my seat that said you are a winner be at the stage at 4:00 pm.
The Ultimate Car Competition first runner up for "Best of Show" also came with $100 cash.
What a HOOT!
- 2/27/2012 Biltmore Car Show - won best of show.