- 01/15/11 Cleaned old undercoating from under rear seat and painted with POR-15
- 01/22/11 Installed new top hydraulics, hoses and new motor
- 01/23/11 Installed new wiring harness to the top motor
- 01/29/11 Cleaned old undercoating from trunk and painted with POR-15
- 02/05/11 Painted hinge, gas tube and trunk lip yellow
- 02/06/11 Installed new wiring harness to the rear of vehicle
- 02/06/11 Replaced trunk side floors with new material
- 02/06/11 Installed new carpet in floor
- Installed back up switch and lights
3/5/11 Installation of audio tech hidden radio that will be under the seat.
The floor has been cleaned and painted with POR15 paint
3/10/11 Seat springs have been repaired, bead blasted and painted satin black.
Seats are now ready for their new foam and upholstery.
I ordered the new upholstery from SMS Auto Fabrics in Oregon
and finally picked them up on May 29.
Cool Customs is doing the seats (white with black inserts).
- 5/17/11 Car into shop for glass repairs and new liners that the glass slides in (ISSUES)
- 5/27/11 Ordered new convertible top in pinpoint white, pads, well and tack strips
- 5/28/11 Replaced 3 canvas covered aging wires in the engine compartment bundle
- 5/28/11 Installed new headlights
- 5/28/11 Worked on convertible top window seals and tapped holes for machine screws
- 5/29/11 Installed new starter solenoid
- 5/29/11 Installed wing windows after Odgen Chrome re-chromed them
- 5/29/11 Jute padding in the trunk and topped off convertible hydraulic system
- 5/30/11 Hooked up oil pressure gauge
- 5/30/11 Repaired windshield wiper motor and have it working now.
- 5/30/11 Reinstalled the dash AM radio and wired the lights to come on when the headlights are on.
6/2/11 New upholstery installed, trunk carpet trimmed out. Spare tire cover and new top boot in white. SMS Auto Fabrics in Oregon did the door panels and arm rests in the rear and Cool Customs in Yuba City did the seats. I was not thrilled with SMS Auto Fabrics, it took 8 months to get the door panels and you pay top dollar. I purchased the seat material and seat inserts from SMS also to get original materials.
- 6/4/11 Lincoln Car show was rained out
- 6/5/11 All MoPar car show in Fremont at Olone College was cool but there was a 60% chance of rain and I didn't bring the car.
- 6/18/11 Local car show in Yuba City
- 6/22/11 New convertible top, pads, tack strips and well arrived.
- 7/10/11 Took second place in stock cars 1955 to 1959 at Truckee Car show Cannibal Cruise
- 7/18/11 New pinpoint white convertible top installed by Cool Customs in Yuba City.
- 7/30/11 Installed Monroe rear Air Shocks, new engine thermostat, and started work on the steering wheel.
- 8/2/11 Steering wheel has been restored using epoxy putty from POR-15 and SEM plastic paints Landu Black and Clear Coat low luster finish. Filled cracks with epoxy putty and sanded with 320 then 400 sandpaper for a smooth finish. Came out nice!
- 8/3/11 Horn Ring was chromed and painted Gold then installed today.
- Getting ready for Hot August Nights in Reno finishing up little details.
- 8/8/11 HOT AUGUST NIGHTS